Effective Date: December 29, 2018
Information We Collect About You
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it over the phone, on our website or at one of our events. When you visit this website, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide. You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you create an account on this site, purchase our services on this site or over the phone or participate in an offer, promotion or survey. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number)
- Payment information (such as your credit card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address, banking account, and tax-related information)
- Username and password
- Information that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily provide, including information you provide when you create an account, purchase our services, or contact us
- Information provided to us by social networks when you log in to this website using your social network credentials
Personal information excludes any information you may choose to submit publicly, such as reviews, comments, critiques, editorials, testimonials, documentaries, forum or blog discussions.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Means. When you visit this website, or interact with our emails or our online advertisements, we collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As set forth in more details below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small text file placed on the hard drive of your computer or other Internet-connected device that uniquely identifies your browser to store information or settings in your browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to use all of the features of this website.
- Web Server Logs. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the website and our emails to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this website, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze how visitors use this website, our emails and our online advertisements. The information collected through these means is disclosed to these service providers.
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We do not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. At this time, we do not track your personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. We also do not authorize third parties to collect any personal information from you on this website for these purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you provide to us and that we collect through automated means to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Call you about our publishing and related services
- Send you emails containing promotional materials or other communications, including information about the services of our various publishing imprints within Alesha Brown, LLC.
- Provide our publishing and related services to you
- Process your payment transactions
- Make royalty payments to you, if applicable
- Create and manage your account
- Administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other promotions
- Operate, optimize and improve our products, services and operations (including developing new services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- We also may use the information in other ways we describe when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described below. We may share your personal information with:
- Our various publishing imprints within Alesha Brown, LLC and affiliates
- Our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and to fulfill services requested by you, including, without limitation, credit card processing companies, marketing services providers and consultants, public relations firms and printers
- To other third parties with your express consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process
- To respond to law enforcement authorities or other government officials
- To enforce our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Rights and Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Opt-Out. You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email at CEO@AleshaBrown.net within the marketing emails you receive from us. This opt-out does not apply to communications we send to you in relation to your transactions with us.
- Google Analytics Display Advertising. We utilize Google Analytics Display Advertising to remarket to you by displaying our ads to you on third party websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by clicking Ads Settings.
- Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about you and update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We take reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to this website at your own risk.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You should never submit to us payment or tax information via email. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Links To Other Websites
This website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for those websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
Notice To Non-US Users
Fruition Publishing Concierge Services
C/O Alesha Brown, LLC
P O BOX 3023
HAMPTON, VA 23663 (USA)
FOLLOW US ON:
Fruition Publishing Concierge Services is a provider of supported self-publishing services for authors around the globe. With our wide range of packages and services, we provide the tools and expertise you need to realize your writing, marketing, speaking and publishing dreams. Distribute your book to a worldwide audience in classic black & white, vibrant full-color, paperback, hardback, plus all digital formats. For more information or to start your publishing journey, click here: http://bit.ly/WriteTheVision.